From the 1st November 2023, the Daily Authorisation and Period Authorisation pages will no longer be available for HF Cloud customers, as they are being superseded by the new and improved Timesheet page, making authorising and reviewing timesheets even easier.
In this article, we'll cover:
- Features of the new and improved Timesheets page
- Where to find it
- Resources on how to use it
- How to enable access to the Timesheets page for your teams (for Admins)
- How to disable access to the Daily and Period Authorisation screens (for Admins)
Features of the new and improved Timesheets page
Flexibility to set what you want displayed on the page, every time you visit, including:
- Selecting which columns to display and hide
- Selecting which Action buttons should appear on every row
- Fully configurable colour indicators for text in the Shift Types column
Three permission-based options for which Timesheet dates are available, so teams can work in the way that best suits their needs:
- Today's date only - no access to other dates
- Single date - with navigation to other dates
- Date ranges - with navigation to other dates and date ranges
Timesheet Alerts can be configured to draw attention to issues such as:
- Overlapping Timesheets
- Timesheets with Invalid Breaks
- Overtime Timesheets
Red row colouring also indicates any Timesheet that has an alert.
There are also more filters (including Award Profile) and grouping options, so you can quickly hone in on the Timesheets you need to see.
Where do I find it?
Head to Manager > Timesheets > Timesheets
If you don't yet have the new Timesheets option in your menu, ask your Admin to enable access.
Jump into the full details of how to use Timesheets, via our:
- Step-by-step Help articles
- In-depth video training session on Authorising Timesheets (41 mins)
- Guided tutorial: Head to Manager > Timesheets > Timesheets and launch the tutorial by clicking the icon next to the Timesheets heading, as shown below. Note that guided tutorials are only available to Humanforce Cloud customers.
Enable access to the Timesheets page (for Admins)
If you do not see the Timesheets page in the Management menu, have your administrator check the following:
- The page has been activated in the Nav Manager (Admin > Admin Config > Nav Manager) for the ESS mode (or other modes, if required).
- In Admin > Security Config > Access Levels, the access levels that should have access to this page should have the permission turned on for View Timesheet Authorisation Page (with the appropriate child permissions).
There are three child permission options available related to the dates a user can access on the Timesheet screen
|Timesheets page||Permissions required|
|View Timesheet Authorisation Page||Allow daily view navigation||Allow date range navigation|
1. Today's date only - no access to other dates
2. Single date - with navigation to other single dates
|3. Date ranges - with navigation to other dates|
To apply your desired option, select the permissions as indicated in the table above, for the relevant Access Levels.
Need step-by-step help for adjusting permissions? Head to How can I replicate the 'Daily Authorisation' view on the Timesheet Screen?
Disable access to the Daily and Period Authorisation pages (for Admins)
When you're comfortable to do so, you can remove access to the Daily Authorisation and/or Period Authorisation menu items by deselecting the below in the Nav Manager (Admin > Admin Config > Nav Manager
These menu items will be automatically disabled for all customer near the end of October 2023.