Availability may either be updated on a daily or a weekly recurring basis, and input as either a full day or a partial day of availability.
There are three types of availability times that may be entered into Humanforce.
- Available – indicates time where the employee is available to work.
- Preferred – indicates time where the employee would prefer to work.
- Unavailable – indicates time where the employee is unavailable to work
Depending upon how your system is configured, you may be marked as available by default. In this case, you would indicate when you are unavailable. Alternatively, you may be unavailable by default. In this case you would indicate when you are available to work.
To update availability, follow the below process:
1a. Modify daily availability
Click and drag across the desired date(s) in the calendar, alternatively use the date selector.
– or –
1b. Modify recurring availability
Select the relevant day(s) of the week from the recurring availability section.
– then –
- Select the Edit button
- If the same availability type is to be applied for the full length of the day, skip to step 4. To update part day availability, nominate the relevant hours using the green bar – a 24-hour view of the selected day(s) broken into 30 minute increments. A time range may be nominated by clicking and dragging across the desired times, or manually entered using the “Start/End Time” section.
- Select the desired availability type – to apply across to the full day (00:00 – 23:59) select the relevant option from the “Full Day” section. To apply only to the hours selected in the previous step, choose an option from the “Splits” section.
- Add a reason for the availability update to be reviewed by the approving manager.
- Select the Save button.
Depending on your configuration, updating your availability may first undergo an approval process. The availability details will then be overlaid on the relevant date in the availability map as pictured below, the icons indicate the availability type.
|Available – indicates time where the employee is available to work.|
|Preferred – indicates time where the employee would prefer to work.|
|Unavailable – indicates time where the employee is unavailable to work.|
|The availability for this day is currently awaiting approval.|
In release 4.7, we introduced Repeat Availability. For more, refer to: Repeat Availability (4.7)
When using both recurring and daily availability, the daily availability takes priority.
For example, I am a student who is normally unavailable Mon – Wed, which I set in weekly recurring as this is an ongoing commitment. During the holidays when I am now able to work these days I can explicitly set myself as available for those days which will override the weekly recurring so I can pick up shifts on days that normally I would be marked as unavailable.