On this page
- What is Shift Bidding?
- How do I access and navigate in Shift Bidding?
- How do I apply filters and configure the table?
- How do I submit a Shift Bid?
- How do I withdraw a Shift Bid?
- How do I know I've been offered/awarded a shift?
- How do I confirm an Offered shift?
- How do I decline an Offered shift?
- Why do I need to confirm or decline an Offered shift?
- Why can’t I see shifts on the Shift Bidding page?
This page contains instructions on usage of the new Shift Bidding page partially released in 5.0.19 and fully released in 5.0.21. Customers with earlier versions of Humanforce Web will continue to see the original version of the Shift Bidding page.
What is Shift Bidding?
Shift bidding allows you to express interest in working currently unfilled/unassigned shifts.
Unassigned published shifts will appear in the Shift Bidding page. If you have been granted access to view the Shift Bidding page, you can view and express interest in working one or more shifts by submitting bids.
You can also bid to Exchange your current rostered shift with an overlapping unfilled shift you'd prefer to work.
Note: Visibility of Exchange shifts is permission-based so may not be available to all
You will only see shifts for roles allocated to you in the locations and departments where you work, and only where you meet any mandatory qualifications for that shift.
Submitting a bid does not guarantee the shift will be offered to you. Once a bid is received, a Roster Manager may then offer you (or other employees) the shift (or exchange). If you are offered the shift, the shift will then appear as an Offered shift in the Shift Bidding page. You will then need to confirm (or decline) the shift.
How do I access and navigate in Shift Bidding?
Note: Not all employees will have access to the Shift Bidding page.
Go to Employee > Shift Bidding.
The page displays a list of days for which shifts are:
- open for you to bid on
- awaiting Offers (because you have already bid), or
- have been offered to you for approval/decline.
Click a day to expand it and see details as follows:
- Shifts shown in the Confirmed Shift cards at the top of each section are shifts that are already rostered to make it easier for you to see when you're already working. Clicking the Confirmed Shift card shows details of your rostered shift.
- Shifts in an Open status are available to bid on.
- The blue exchange icon to the right of the checkbox on an Open shift indicates a shift that overlaps your existing rostered Confirmed shift(s).
- Shifts in a Submitted status are shifts you've bid on but your Manager has not yet offered it to you.
- Shifts in an Offered status are shifts you've bid on and the Manager has offered you the shift, but you've not yet accepted (or declined) the shift.
You can sort the data showing on a particular day by clicking the column heading.
Note: Shift Bidding is also available on the Humanforce App.
How do I apply filters and configure the table?
To open the filters, click the Filter icon at the top of the page.
Available filters are:
- Hours - filter by shift duration between 1-4hrs, 4-6hrs, 6-8 hrs, 10+hrs.
- Location - filter by locations assigned to you
- Department - filter by departments assigned to you
- Role - filter by roles assigned to you
- Status - filter by shift status Open, Submitted or Offered
Filter you select will remain applied when you next log in.
Selected shifts remain selected even if filters are applied that hide that selected shift.
Note: If you are unable to view all five filters, this will be due to your permissions.
You are also able to add or remove Area, Function or Event columns from view by clicking the Table Settings 'cog' icon and selecting/deselecting the entries.
These selections are retained between sessions.
Note: Not all columns may be visible due to your permissions.
How do I submit a Shift Bid?
To bid for a new shift, or to exchange a shift with one you're already rostered for:
- Go to Employee > Shift Bidding
- Click the row of the date you wish to express interest in working. The row will expand and show you shifts available for you to bid on.
- Click the checkbox to select the shift(s) you wish to bid on. You can select as many as you like.
- Click Submit Bid
- Review the details in the confirmation pop-up, and if correct, click Confirm.
Your Home page will show the number of bids you've submitted.
Important: If exchanging a shift, your original shift is removed from your roster as soon as the manager offers you the new shift, even if you have not yet confirmed the offer.
Note: Multiple shifts can be selected across multiple days and submitted in the one
request. You can also submit bids at any time without waiting to be offered a shift
from a previous bid.
How do I withdraw a Shift Bid?
In the event you no longer want to be considered for a shift you've already bid on, you can withdraw a bid by clicking the Actions menu against the shift, then click Withdraw.
'Withdraw' is only available as a selection on shifts in a ‘Submitted’ status.
Once you confirm the withdraw request, the shift status will update to Open, as it is again available to be bid on.
How do I know I've been offered/awarded a shift?
When your manager offers you a shift you've submitted a bid for, you will:
- Receive a push notification from your Humanforce App
- Receive a notification
- on your Home page
- in your Messages page, in the Notifications dropdown section
How do I confirm an Offered shift?
In the Shift Bidding page, find the Offered shift by using the Status filter or by checking the heading of each day section. You'll see 'Offered (1)' where that day has an offer pending, as shown in the image below. You will also see the number of Offered Shifts on a button on your Home page.
Click the Actions icon against the Offered shift you want to confirm the offer for, then click Confirm.
Once you confirm this action, the shift will then appear as a Confirmed Shift.
If exchanging a shift, your original shift will now appear in an Open status, as it's now unallocated.
Note: You can still also approve and decline shifts from your Rostering page.
How do I decline an Offered shift?
In the Shift Bidding page, find the Offered shift by checking the heading of each day section. You'll see 'Offered (1)' where that day has an offer pending. You will also see the number of Offered Shifts on a button on your home page.
Click the Actions menu against the 'Offered' shift you want to decline the offer for, then click Decline.
You will then be asked to confirm this action.
If you decline an exchange shift, you will retain your original shift.
Why do I need to confirm or decline an Offered shift?
Once a shift has been offered by a manager, you must either accept or decline the shift offer.
If you do wish to work the offered shift, you must Confirm the shift offer. The shift is not fully confirmed as your shift until you do this.
If you do not wish to work the offered shift, you must Decline the shift offer.
Why can’t I see shifts on the Shift Bidding page?
For an unfilled/unassigned shift to appear on the Shift Bidding page:
- The shift needs to be published
- You need to meet any mandatory qualifications associated to that shift and the expiry date of that qualification must be in the future.
- If a shift is no longer visible, it may already have been offered to another employee.
- Exchange (overlapping) shifts will not be visible if you do not have the required permissions.
For a rostered shift to appear as a Confirmed Shift on the Shift Bidding page:
- The shift must be published
- The shift must be confirmed.